Monday, May 2, 2016

Battle Report - 2500 - Word Bearers vs Sons of Horus

Sean G. and I had a nice empty room on Friday afternoon and came to the conclusion that we have not played each other! Thus, WE FIGHT!!!

Let's take a look at the armies..

SONS OF HORUS
We start the Sons of Horus army off with none other than Maloghurst the Twisted, a broken and beaten old space marine who still has a chip on his shoulder! He is accompanied by a tactical squad, aka the Human Shield.

We also have a contemptor made for face punchin' and a 10 man Reaver JP squad.

Back yonder we have a... well... a whirlwind scorpius. This thing... god damnit...

In addition, we have another 10 man Reaver JP unit accompanied by a Primus Medicae with a JP, which are troops thanks to Maloghurst, and another Contemptor with Dual Multi-melta.

And last but certainly not least, we have a uni of new and improved Justaerin Terminators with a Forge Lord in a Ceastus Assault Ram. Sean's little trick here is giving the Forge Lord a Boarding Shield which grants the unit Defensive Grenades. Nasty!

THE WORD BEARERS

Up first we have a unit of seekers. I've started running my Seekers in a Rhino for extra protection, but since we decided to play on such short notice, I had to start scrapping things from my 3k list I was using later that night against Jyoji. Thus, the seeker transport was gone. With the Scorpius on the table, I decided to toe as many of these guys in cover as I could all-while keeping my 2" coherency. 


15 man tactical squad with extra CC weapons and +1 Strength (Dark Channelling roll). They are joined by Erebus and an Apothecary. 

To the right, a Spartan Assault Tank with five Gal Vorbak. The Gal Vorbak have a power axe and the Dark Martyer has Artificer, meltabombs, and dual lightning claws.


Another 15 man tactical squad identical to the first (sub Erebus) and a Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought.
Towards the back we have a Spartan Assault Tank with 2 Heavy Bolter side sponsons.

I'm not sure which of my heresies is greater, playing the Word Bearers or the lack of paint on some of my models... FOR SHAME!

To the right I have a 10 man Plasma support squad in a Rhino. Huzzah!

Using my Diabolist model as my Erebus for today. Still WYSIWYG! :/



TURN 1

Turn 1 was pretty uneventful on this side of the board. Dr. Gaunt moved up with his flesh shields, as did the melta-contemptor.

The Reavers and the Dr. Punchy McPuncherstein moved up just enough to force my hand turn 1.


The Whirlwind Scorpius didn't stretch before the match. It's still heating up. Trevor died though. RIP Trevor.


Derek took a bolter to the face. RIP Derek.


Well, the Reavers managed to put some pretty heavy fire down on my seekers. Enough to make me take a check on 3d6 (drop the lowest!) and I STILL failed. They ran 9". Idiots...


At the beginning of my turn 1, I attempted to rally my Seekers who proceeded to FAIL ME EVEN HARDER! YOU ROLL 3d6 TAKING THE LOWEST, HOW IS THIS HARD?! They rand 2" more... IDIOTS! GOSH!


My motley crew moves up, the Mhara Gal and Rhino taking special care to get some cover in the event that things go south.


Erebus' unit moves up and casts Invisibility on itself. The Sicaran moves into some difficult terrain safely to position itself for a better shot! I believe I shook the Contemptor, removing a HP.



UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!! The Spartan Moved up and unleashed the Gal Vorbak into the Reavers! I almost failed my charge too! EEK!



The Gal Vorbak made very quick work of the Reavers, losing only one chum. I rolled like a daemon! Literally!!!

TURN 2


CAESTUS INCOMING!!! Yeah, here comes the big boy!

Luckily, he whiffed hardcore on his blasts! Greg and Sergeant Dan died though. :(


The action was so crazy that the camera could not focus! You should have been there!!!



TURN 3

The Contemptor successfully charged the Gal Vorbak, killing 3 but taking an immobilized result in the process! HA! Sampson runs away.

I forgot to take a picture before, but the second 10 man reaver squad was in front of my tacticals... I said WAS... They charged an invisible +1 S Zealot combat oriented Tactical Squad. FOOLS!


The Seekers FINALLY rallied! I hate them. Morons...


In my brilliant and tactical planning, I decided the best course of action was to move behind the contemptor and try to glance the final 2 hull points off of him. I managed ONE glance and he saved it. BLAST YOU!!!

The Plasma Support Squad came to party!!!


HERRO DESTROYERS!!!


GOODBYE DESTROYERS!!!



The Mhara'Gal successfully charged Maloghurst's squad. Let the grape train begin!!!



TURN 4
Oh crap...


Geoff points, "They're over there, guys!"
"God damnit, we know, Geoff...", said Carlos.


Steady boys... Steady...STEEEEADDDY!!!


The Ceastus & Scorpius teamed up and put a hurtin' on my Support Squad as well as blowing up the Rhino... Frank died too. RIP Frank.


TURN 5




STEEEEEEAAADDDYYYYYY


I attempted some pew pew's here, stripping another HP with a glance.



STEEEADD....oh wait... nevermind.


And that concludes the pictures on this very bloody day! Despite the grape the Justaerin's forced upon me towards the end of the game, I actually managed an 8-6 victory on KP's!

Overall it was one of the most exciting games I have played in 30k! Sean is a great opponent and if you haven't challenged him, you're missing out!

Hope you all enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment