Monday, January 9, 2017

The Act of Witnessing - Zardu Layak, "The Crimson Apostle" and his Blade Slaves



Zardu Layak and his blade slaves are not only one my favorite Age of Darkness kits, but they have so much flavor to narrative gaming! I have used Zardu thrice in narrative events and a handful of times in friendly games and man'o'man does he bring a lot to the table!

The ability to summon daemons with no penalty for doubles (Daemon!) is pretty fantastic! In my most recent outing, he successfully summoned Daemontettes, Bloodletters, and Plaguebearers in a single game! Granted, I lost the mission by 1, it put my opponent on the back foot and mad him second guess a lot of his decisions!

I've run him a couple times on his own and/or attached to a unit of Gal Vorbak in a Spartan, but I am a bit more keen on bringing his entourage. For 100 points, I bring quite the threat and some solid meatshields as well. I usually like to play midfield with them while taking cover within ruins. Gives me a lot of flexibility on where my Daemons need to go.

The one downside to using him in my current army is that I don't really run any Ashen Circle (soon!) which he makes troops. Oddly enough, this ability is actually his Warlord trait. Thus, I typically make my Chaplain my Warlord  for added benefit.


-Couch

No comments:

Post a Comment