Thursday, April 21, 2016

Necron Awakening

So I have been LEDing some of my buddy's necrons.  Progress has been going pretty well compared to the Night Scythe I had done for him in the past.

Here is what I had to start with.

Took some time to carefully rip it apart without damaging the monolith to badly.

Next I began making LED bars to go into the vents for easy installation.  You can see them already installed in the previous photo.

The next step was to Dremel out the side panels to let the LED's project into the green tubes on the sides. This photo was still a WIP so forgive the rough cuts.

The next step was working on the front door.  I made some reflectors out of foam core and aluminum foil to install the LEDs.  Here was a test with a single blue LED.  I used the blue LED because less light was being filtered out by the green plastic than other colors lower in the spectrum.


The last thing I was able to get done last night was install foam core to hold the battery in place.  I had decided on using a single 9v battery.  With 4 sets of 3 parallel LED's in series; 3 LED's for each side of vents, 1 for each side wall to light side tubes, 2 for the front door, and 2 for the top crystal, giving me a whopping 12 LED's in the monolith.

This is by far my most ambitious LED project to date.  So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment